Contemporizing The Rich Legacy Of Black Church Liturgy – Conference
New Testament Assembly & The Institute of Theology & Christian Counselling will host:
A National Conference Saturday 27th July 2019, 9:30 am to 3:45 pm
A unique conference exploring the rich history, transformation and transition of Black Church Liturgy over the past half a century. Appraisal of Black Church Liturgy. Examining ways to celebrate, preserve, document and disseminate our rich liturgical heritage.
- Revd N J Sterling - Director of Studies ITCC
- The Rt. Revd DA Powell - The New Testament Assembly
- Min Nicky Brown
- Dr D Dixon-McKenzie
- Min Mark Sturge
- Dr Pauline Muir
- Bishop Eric Brown
Who Should Attend:
- Contemporary & Traditional Pastors & Church Leaders;
- Musical Artists & Writers;
- Theology students;
- Those with an interest in BMCs past and present and in particular its Liturgy;
- Praise & Worship leaders & singers;
- Church members of all age groups;
- Theologians and teachers of practical & Theoretical liturgy;
What can they expect?
Well researched, informative and enriching presentations of Black Church Liturgy
How will attending make a difference in leadership or ministry?
A better understanding of the origins, the journey of the black liturgy, and an opportunity to examine the past and present undergirding theology. Contributory factors - Hebraic, African, Caribbean roots and influences, slave narrative, the experience of oppression etc.
Key learnings Outcomes Attendees will become:
- more aware of the need. and will be able to assess the theology of our current and past liturgy;
- more aware of the challenges and tensions relating to the divergence/ convergences across denominations;
- affirmation of the redemptive and transformational power of black Church liturgy.
For further details contact Revd N J Sterling on 0208 579 3841 | 07970 547 528 | 0208 672 9416 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgDo you have questions about ITCC Conference - Contemporizing The Rich Legacy Of Black Church Liturgy? Contact The New Testament Assembly